- In Shakespeare’s time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. That’s where the phrase, “goodnight, sleep tight” came from.
- The sentence “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.” Uses every letter in the alphabet.
(developed by Western Union to test telex/twx communications.)
- There are 240 white dots in a Pacman arcade game.
- The housefly hums in the middle octave, key of F.
- Dublin is home of the Fairy Investigation Society.
- A Giraffe can clean it’s ears with it’s tongue.
- The original name for butterfly was flutterby.
- A “jiffy” is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
- In Charlotte, North Carolina, women must have their bodies covered by at least 16 yards of cloth at all times.
- In Asheville,North Carolina, it is illegal to sneeze on city streets.
- It takes 3,000 cows to supply the NFL with enough leather for a year’s supply of footballs
- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, and purple.
- Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
- A duck’s quack doesn’t echo, and no one knows why.
- 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
- Snails can sleep for three years without eating.
- The fingerprints of koala bears are virtually indistinguishable from those of humans, so much so that they could be confused at a crime scene.
- Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a Friday the 13th.
- 75 people die each year playing Twister.
- There’s no Bettie Rubble in Flinstones chewables.
2. The average person falls asleep in just seven minutes!
3. The two highest IQ’s ever recorded, both, belong to women!
4. Odontophobia is the fear of teeth.
5. The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly.
6. The king of hearts is the only king without a moustache.
7. Elephants are the only mammals that can’t jump.
8. Stressed is Desserts spelled backwards.
9. You burn more calories while sleeping than you do while watching television.
10. Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of unwanted people without killing them used to burn their houses down — hence the expression “to get fired”
Have an AMAZING Friday!!!!
~ Jenni ~
- Every person has a unique tongue print.
- 315 entries in Webster’s 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.
- If you pour a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death.
- If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.
- By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you can’t sink in quicksand.
- Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying!
- Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a space suit damages them.
- Rhythms is the longest word without any of the vowels (aeiou)
- Rubberbands last longer when refrigerated
- “Stewardesses” is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand
Have a WONDERFULLY blessed and FUN Friday!!!!